Tuesday, 31 March 2015

The Good Little Bad Little Pig Review

In February as part of Parragon's book buddies scheme we were sent The Good Little Bad Little Pig to review written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Loretta Schauer. 


This has to be one of my all time favourite books to read with my three year old.  In the story Peter wants a perfect little pig for a pet. Not a bad little pig, and not a good little pig. Peter wants a good little bad little pig. It is a really lovely little story and my son who is called Peter too was very captivated by it. It is really easy to read and for every bad thing the pig seems to do he also does a well behaved thing too which makes him a very lovable character. It reminded me a lot of what its like having children and the ups and downs you have with them.


The illustrations are fantastic and really capture the essence of the story in them. The pig looks so cute in the images and my son instantly wanted to read the story as soon as he saw the cover. I also like how they have captured the sounds that the pig makes like "Galump-gump gump gump gump" as when I make these pig noises it makes my son laugh a lot! 


If you would like to buy a copy of The Good Little Bad Little Pig you can find it here: The Good Little Bad Little Pig. At £5.99 I think the book is good value for money and would make a lovely gift. We have really enjoyed this months book and I would recommend. Margaret Wise Brown has written other books that we have reviewed previously so feel free to look at those too, some of our other favourites are: The Diggers, The Fish with the Deep Sea Smile.


Disclaimer: I received this product from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment