Thursday, 18 December 2014

Christmas Card Decoration

I love Christmas cards and hearing everyones news, seeing their pictures and I appreciate the effort they have made to send it. Then I started to feel a bit overwhelmed by the Christmas cards, the mantlepiece was bursting and everyday the kids seem to have brought home more and more cards from school. Just where was I going to put them all? Everytime anyone opened the door all of the cards seemed to crash the floor in the gust.



So I decided to think out of the box a little bit so I decided to make a Christmas card tree. I wanted them to be in the living room so we can all enjoy them, but I have arranged them in a Christmas tree shape and made them into a feature rather than a nuisance. I have used pins to attach the cotton to the wall, I picked gold end ones as I thought they would stand out and define the tree shape. If you have choice, go for the finest tip you can so that it leaves barely a trace of a hole on your wall. I then used cotton between the pins, doubled up which I fixed by twisting it around the pin. It needs to be fairly tight otherwise it will droop too much, thats also why I used a pin in the middle of each tree branch line. I freehanded the tree because I like that its not perfect because a tree wouldn't be perfect, but you could easily measure out with a pencil first. At the top of the tree I have added a snowflake star and you could always hang cards and decorations too to add your own little touch.


I am so relieved to have finally given the cards their own space, and the card tree has really added a lovely extra christmassy touch to our living room. It also nice to know I still have space for more cards too on my tree. What DIY decorations have you been making this year?

This is my entry into the Christmas Decorations competition with Victorias Vintage and Able Skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment