Monday, 24 November 2014

Dream Christmas Spread

Christmas is fast approaching and I am already thinking about the all important Christmas day dinner menu and what we will be cooking. It is my favourite meal of the whole year and I love the time I get to spend with my family around the table sharing in the feast. Christmas is also a great excuse to dress the table up and make it feel really special and its fun getting out the Christmas decor and table decorations.

I have put together a mood board with all of my favourite Christmas table decoration ideas themed around jewels. I wanted each piece to have a little sparkle of its own and to have a rich jewel like feeling about it to capture the luxurious feeling that Christmas gives me.

Christmas Jewel Table
Recreate the look - Large glass star tea light holder, Denby 'Halo' sixteen piece dinner set, Salt & Pepper set of four metal reindeer place card holders, Purple beaded table runner, Betty Jackson. Black Designer purple frosted glass decanter, Star by Julien McDonald Silver Table Gems, Sass & Bell Rotary snowflake Christmas tea light holder, Betty Jackson. Black Designer dark red ombre glass tumbler, Jasper Conran Large glass covered cake stand, Betty Jackson. Black Designer purple graduated oval frosted glass vase, Silver vintage cut glass tea light holder, Purple beaded placemat, RJR. John Rocha Orr brushed 44 piece cutlery set, Set of two dark grey beaded napkin rings, Set of four silver beaded Christmas coasters, Betty Jackson. Black designer dark red ombre wine glass, Silver glittery reindeer Christmas ornament, Pack of 12 luxury snowflake Christmas crackers.

I love the glass star tea light holder and this would make a lovely focus hanging down over the table for everyone to see, a little reminder of why we are celebrating Christmas. I picked some the Betty Jackson. Black glass range as I loved the deep ombre colours, and the vase and decanter would look lovely on the table in contrast to the purple and silver place settings. For me when I think about some of my favourite Christmas meals over the last few years they have always been under candlelight and I wanted to bring that into my table and I thought the light would flicker off the table gems creating a magical effect. It wouldn't be Christmas without crackers, a reindeer and a cake, and I think in the middle of every table should be a cake for everyone to salivate over whilst they eat the rest of their meal, like an Argentine Yule log filled with dulce de leche.

I have also put together a pinterest board with some of my favourite and dream Christmas foods. The recipe that has really caught my eye this year is the Jamie Oliver Turkey Wellington with its cranberry jewel like centre, its a little bit different and a twist on the traditional turkey but it felt like the perfect accompaniment to my table. You can see the recipe here: Jamie Oliver Turkey Wellington

Jamie Oliver's Turkey Wellington
Here are some of the other foods that would be apart of my dream Christmas spread. One of our little family traditions that we have made over the last few years is to make sweet potato casserole with that delicious marshmallow topping. We first had it when we celebrated Thanksgiving with some of our American friends and it goes perfectly with the Turkey for Christmas too.


What Christmas foods would you have on your dream Christmas spread?

This is my entry into the Love Chic Living and Debenhams Blogger Competition: I'm dreaming of Debenhams dinnerware. If you want to find out more about the competition you can read about it here on Love Chic Living.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't help but notice your selections! they're lovely and defo think you'll like my post below as it's about the Monsoon dinnerware :)

    http://fairytaleprettypicture.co.uk/monsoons-denby-dinnerware/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love it and the tablewear is gorgeous, thanks for letting me know : )

      Delete