Saturday, 29 November 2014

A Carroty Chicken Casserole with Zingology

Over the last few weeks we have been trying out the Zingology powders adding them in to our recipes to create something delicious. This week we have been using the carrot powder and with the winter drawing in I wanted to create something warm and comforting and a casserole seemed to fit perfectly. I also love this recipe because its quick to put together and I can prepare it in the morning and just leave it cooking whilst I go and collect the kids from school.


Ingredients:
1 Red Onion
1 Corgette
2 cloves garlic
4 chicken thighs
2 carrots
6 mushrooms
1 tsp Carrot Zingology powder
1 chicken stock cube
1 tablespoon of corn flour

Method:
1. Cook the chopped red onion and garlic in a pan then add to your casserole dish. Chop all the other ingredients and add to your dish.

2. Make up the stock cube adding 400ml of hot water to it. Then add in your Carrot Zingology powder before stirring in your corn flour. Add to your casserole dish.


3. Turn oven on to 150C and leave for an hour before serving with rice.

After we had finished eating my husband asked me what I had done differently this time as this was the best casserole I had ever made - the only thing different was the zingology carrot powder which gave it a lovely orange colour as well as an extra sweet deliciousness. My boys were very interested in the casserole because of its lovely orange colour of the gravy and I will be adding the Carrot powder everytime I make this casserole from now on as it was such a hit.

This is the stock after I added the carrot zingology powder
We have been trying the Zingology powders over the last few weeks and if you missed my previous posts you can read about our beetroot pizza base here: Pink Pizza and our raspberry icing cupcakes here: Pink Cupcakes. Keep your eye out for our final flavour Strawberry. If you haven't seen anything in the last few weeks what makes Zingology powders special and different from other is that they are 100% natural and because of the way they process it you don't lose the nutrients. This would be great if you have a picky eater that won't eat carrots, and I made my boys beetroot ice lollies which they loved. Zingology have lots of recipe ideas on their website but what about adding the carrot powder to make your cream cheese icing orange on top of your carrot cake?

What hearty meals are you making this winter?



Disclaimer: We were sent a sample of the Carrot Zingology powder in order to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment