Sunday, 12 October 2014

Messy Fun

We love a bit of mess in our house, I think it comes with the territory of having two boys. Of course some of the times I despair at the mess particularly on days where we are busy and it gives me extra work to do, but just sometimes my boys do funny messy things, and its one of those times that I want to share with you.



I had both boys sitting at opposite ends of the kitchen table and they each had their own paper and coloured pens with which they were nicely using to colour in masks that I had downloaded for them to make. (*Top tip there is tons of downloadable colouring sheets and projects online if you are looking to keep little fingers busy.) Concentration was thick in the air and I had dinner to make, so I turned my back to start my jobs.

At some point during the next bit of time whilst I was busy chopping, my youngest decided that he was done colouring his mask and he would experiment with colouring in his own arms and legs. Silliness and curiosity is always infectious and I still can't get over how quiet they were as they adorned their own arms and legs, and the next thing I know is that when I turn around I am greeted by cheeky smiles and totally pen tattooed boys. Not what I was expecting at all, and I couldn't help but let out a little laugh!


My first thought was thank goodness for washable pens, and I am so glad that the sharpies were tucked safely out of the way. Sometimes its good to embrace the fun of the mess and thats just what I did, all day long they talked about it and laughed at the fun they had had and at each other. Just before bathtime I lined them both up so they could see themselves in the long mirror so they could view their handiwork in its full glory.



When they were in bed I had another good giggle about it. I love days where my boys surprise me with the unexpected.

What have you embraced today with your kids that you wouldn't normally?

This is my entry into the messy kids competition. If you want to find out more about Two little fleas or read the other entries you can find more here at mum in the madhouse.


Two Little Fleas

3 comments: