Thursday, 11 September 2014

Nostalgia in a Kettle

British Gas are asking bloggers to post their favourite nostalgic item. Mine has and always will be this copper kettle. It resides by the fireplace and reminds me of time spent as a family around an open log fire, warm and cosy. Polishing it is one of the most relaxing things to do and so very rewarding as it returns to its gleaming true self. Inside we keep matches, don't ask me why, we just do and so I get a happy feeling of remembering birthdays gone by and also of birthdays that I know are coming to bring more treasured memories. In its working days it was such a functional thing at the heart of the home, funny to think it still is even as an ornament. My boys stare at it with intrigue desperate to see inside and its this same wonderment that it seems to hold with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment