Friday, 19 September 2014

Going stripy about these blinds

With the keys still jingling in my hand we finally are on the verge of a new adventure. New house, new place, new friends and after six years of renting other peoples houses we finally get to decorate a house of our own. To say I am excited might be a little bit of an understatement, the prospect of painting and choosing new fixtures and fittings is invigorating and I can't wait to get started.

But where am I going to start…
Top of my list is the windows, having recently learned that I have a dust mite allergy one of the recommendations is that you replace your dusty curtains with blinds, so thats just what I plan to do. The previous owners have left most of their window dressings which I am glad about because although they are not to my taste (absolutely horrific) it means I can really consider and find the best option for each of us. For my boys they definitely need a black out blind because I need my sleep and they certainly need theirs! We used a temporary black out blind whilst we have been on the move but I am so sick of re-putting it on the window everyday it is going to have to be built in for ease and convenience.

For our bedroom I am thinking stripy and colourful, and a vibrant blind is a great way to give it some style without it feeling like its too much.



I love these stripy blind from Apollo they are part of the Twilight range and they can be adjusted creating two different lighting effects which I think is pretty cool. I also like how you can change your blind with your mood depending on how you feel, this appeals to me quite a lot. So here is a bit more about the twilight blinds and exactly what you get:

Why Choose Twilight Blinds?

-      Stunning light effects
-      Twilight’s 2-in-1 Opaque and Translucent panels of fabric allow homeowners to adjust panel positioning, creating two different lighting effects with one blind
-      Privacy control
-      30+ fabrics to choose from
-      Elegant colour-co-ordinating Fasica System concealing the blind operating systemin five stunning colours.
-      Choice of bottom bar colour - five stylish colours
-      Remote control or manual operation
-     There is a choice of 30+ colours and fabric options in the Twilight range – that include a plain fabric, texture look options, a satin look design, woven wood effect, linen look and dim-out fabrics.
-       Popular colours are available including cream, white, grey, green, black, red, turquoise and yellow.
 Twilight blinds are fully made-to-measure, to suit everyone’s window sizes and shapes, and can be professionally fitted in the home by an Apollo design expert.


Twilight by Apollo Blinds – see www.apollo-blinds.co.uk or call 01924 413 048 for stockists. 


I love that they have over 30 different designs as it means there is plenty of choice and they are bound to have the perfect fabric and colour option just for me. With this stripy bright blind I am also dreaming of a white bedroom (something I have been dreaming of for quite a while) and maybe a bright contemporary wardrobe in another bright complimenting colour. How would use still these blinds? 

I put together a mood board to give myself some inspiration:

Bedroom


You get the idea anyway, white with striking blinds and another colour to pick out the blind and a gorgeous dangly light or two as well. For me the bedroom needs to be contemporary, fun and have a bit of glamour too which is what I was going for.

This post is my entry for the Apollo Blinds Twilight Blogger Competition #ApolloTwilight and all opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment