Sunday, 23 March 2014

Sorry for the radio silence

Life at the moment seems to have gone a bit crazy, so I want to apologise for the radio silence and fill you in a bit. My husband has accepted a new job (to start mid May) in Lincoln so we will be on the move again. I can already here the groans of our nearest and dearest. Yes again, and yes I realise that this will be our sixth move in the six years we have been married! This time I am hoping and demanding for a longer term house, and some of those moves have been in the same area so it's not quite as bad as it looks. I am trying to convince myself of that as much as you. As a result of our upcoming move I have been thrown into all that comes with it, head first. I consider myself to be some what of an expert mover but with other commitments as well it's meant I have had less time to blog, and my love for competitions is very much on hold!

Being totally honest I spent the first two weeks whilst we waited for a job offer fidgeting and highly agitated about the thought of moving again. I think it's almost worst when you know it's coming and you can do nothing to change it. I don't want to move, the boys and I are settled for the first time in 2.5 years since we left our apartment in the US. However I think I have finally got over myself. It's not what I had planned but I am sure that as usual God has a bigger one for me and my family and moving is just the first step. 

The job for Matt is a step up and having been invited to share in the interview process a little with him I am excited about the possibilities and so proud of him. But Lincolnshire? That bit feels me with dread. It's not a place I know at all, so it will be a whole new start in a whole new place. Exciting and scary at the same time but I am ready for the adventure, I think.

We are in this weird place at the moment where we have a start date and we will be moving out of our rented accommodation in the next few weeks but that's pretty much all. We have a rough idea of where we want to live but google maps and the physical could look very different. As a huge big picture person with a need for routine and fact points I am finding it pretty stressful and challenging to not have things totally organised. It would be a lie to say I am not apprehensive because I am, but I am also hopeful for the possibilities.

So for now I am waiting to see what tomorrow will bring, eek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment