Friday, 24 January 2014

Our perfect day at Center, Parcs

Tots 100 are asking what our perfect family day at Center Parcs would look like. I have never been to Center Parcs and in my mind I always pictured that it was for families with older kids, but after having a really good look at their website and inspirational videos my mind has been completely changed! In fact whilst I have been planning our perfect day out I have discovered there are so many family activities that I am wondering just what to choose. From owls to messy play, cycling to quad bikes and aerial adventures to the Aqua Sana spa there really is something for everyone.

First off in the morning we would head to the Teddy bears picnic as picked by my 22 month old (with some help from big his brother). With it being aimed at 2 -5 year olds it should be perfect for both of my boys and how exciting to follow the Teddy bears trail singing songs and listening to stories. I can't wait to see the faces of the boys when they get to meet Rupert Bear.
Teddy Bears Picnic
As we are already in the woods for our Teddy Bears picnic it seems only right to go on a nature hunt through the forest to explore, and to see what we can find. Perhaps we will spot a squirrel or two? My two boys love looking at leaves, finding bugs and spotting wildlife so this would be the perfect chance for them to explore and discover.

Exploring and looking at the forest.
Then it would be lunchtime, and I am ready for a sit down to refresh and revive before the afternoon. Our family choice would be the Pancake House. With savoury and sweet pancakes their should be something to suit everybody's tastes! I am already salivating at the thought of pancakes - they look delicious.
The Pancake House
Now we are feeling fully refreshed we head to the Sub tropical swimming paradise where we plan to spend the whole afternoon. We all love swimming and having had a very child centred morning it seems like the perfect activity that my husband will love doing too.  My eldest son also had his eye on the mini jet skis which look thrilling. We really enjoy encouraging him to be confident and adventurous so we would love to let him have a go. For my youngest they do a SwimaSong swim lesson which would be a great introduction to swimming. Finally a good splash and explore around the pool sounds like my idea of fun, where we are all together, having fun together.

Sub Tropical Swimming Paradise
Mini Jet Skis
SwimaSong Lesson
Finally after this fun filled day, the children would fall asleep as soon as their heads hit in the pillow in our cabin (hopefully), and my husband and I would get the time together that we very much need. Center Parcs have a Dining In service where they will bring food and wine straight to your cabin. Perfect for a cosy night in. The Standard Chinese Banquet Menu looks like a fantastic choice for us both accompanied with a bottle of Chardonnay. As we sit on the porch in the dusky moonlight we reflect on a refreshing family day, happy that we came. The perfect end to the perfect day.

Our family day was inspired by this video 'An adventure with little ones', and if you have little ones like me perhaps you to will be inspired to plan your perfect day with Center Parcs. What would you choose?



This is my entry to the Center Parcs and Tots 100 January Challenge. If i'm chosen, I would like to visit Sherwood Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment