Saturday, 25 January 2014

My M&S Magical Dining Room

M&S have teamed up with Love Chic Living to ask Bloggers to create their dream dining room to make those special dining moments, magical.

My theme for picking was luxury with a view to impressing my guests, with a hint of colour. Here is what I choose:

My M&S Magical Dining Room






Picture the scene: music is quietly playing in the background. The delicious smell of a three course meal is wafting from the kitchen into the dining room. We start the evening off with a glass of champagne (Oudinot Vintage 2004) before sitting down to eat. I chose the Sonoma extending dining table so that I could sit as little or as many special guests as I chose for my dinner party, but still have cosy dinners with the family too. The Alton Scroll dining chairs looked so very comfy to sit on, as my guests will be sitting there for the quite a while so they must be comfortable. Sat underneath the plush prism pendant light which will dazzle the whole evening through, you will feel like your sitting under luxury. Sat on the table in front of you is the slate table runner and placemats. Hardwearing and very practical but they look stunning with the turquoise accent of the plates, carafe and chairs. To go with my luxurious and magical dining experience I am serving:

Aperitif 
Oudinot Vintage 2004
Starter
Caprese Salad 
Main
Lemon Sole with Roasted Potatoes, Butternut Squash and Asparagus
Pudding
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Served with the Meal White Wine
Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

Finally I serve a delicious homemade carrot cake with lashings of cream cheese icing that everyone has been salivating over for the whole meal as it has been positioned in the domed cake stand in the centre of the table. All served with a glass of white wine.


2 comments:

  1. I always love reading your blog posts :-)

    Keep them coming, they're great for some entertainment, food for thought or simply an honest read xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie, that means a lot x

    ReplyDelete