Tuesday, 25 June 2013

My Dream Dinner Party Menu

This is my entry for the Taylor Wimpey Dinner Party Competition. Where as the title suggests they are inviting people to come up with their dream dinner party menu. So here is mine.

Aperetif 
Twisted Gin & Tonic
A frozen Gin & Tonic slushy served with fresh lime and basil

Starter
Caprese salad served with a balsamic and beetroot glaze
The earthiness of the local beetroot is the perfect accompaniment to the Mozzarella, and the balsamic brings out the flavour of the tomato

Main
Lemon Sole served with roasted new potatoes, samphire and asparagus
This is a perfectly balanced dish allowing you to savour each mouthful

Dessert
Profiteroles with lavender infused cream and a dusting of popping candy 
The Norfolk lavender infused in the cream brings an added perfume to these delicate profiteroles whilst the popping candy brings you back with a zing. Weird and wonderful.

Accompanying Wine
Greywacke Wild Sauvignon 
A perfect wine for my perfect dinner

So that is my menu, I hope you like it. I had great fun putting it together and its all my favourite foods put into one menu!


1 comment: