Sunday, 19 May 2013

My playdough is purple and I'm fine with that!

I made my son some playdough and I was surprised how easy it was to make at home. After carefully colouring it into red, yellow, blue and pink (as requested by my son) I was a little sad to see that after a few times playing with it, it has now become one big purple mass. A few years ago this would have driven me crazy that my carefully separated four colour's had become one, however I am ok with this! I  have come to realise that children have to learn and the purple is quite a cool colour too.

We also had great fun using the garlic presse to make hair, you really don't need any special tools to have fun with playdough when you have a fully resourced kitchen. So do you fancy having a go?



Playdough recipe:


2 cups of plain flour
1 cup salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
A few drops food colouring (be careful not to stain your fingers)

1. Bung it all in the pan together and mix with wooden spoon on low heat
2. Keep mixing until it no longer looks sticky and forms a ball
3. Knead until smooth (be careful it will be hot when you first turn it out)
4. Colour with food colouring whatever you like!
5. Enjoy and have lots of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment