Monday, 15 April 2013

If I had a Million Nectar Points to spend

The big question that confused.com is asking in their Nectar Wishlist #pinforpoints Competition is what would you spend a million nectar points on! So I quickly got my thinking cap on and created a Pinterest board showing you, you can see it here #pinforpoints board.

Since moving back from the USA back to England just over 18 months ago we have been gradually rebuilding up our electrical repertoire, starting first with the "must have" items like kettles, hairdryers and a vacuum and now I am dreaming of my "would love's" like the Quest Retro DAB Radio  that I would love to have in my kitchen. As a busy mum of two I spend too much of my time in the kitchen (please hold off on the kitchen sink jokes) cooking meals and it would be a luxury for me to have music to sing to whilst cooking, and a great way to entertain my two children. I am dreaming of all the fun dancing and being silly we could have with this!

Quest Retro DAB Radio - I can hear the dancing tunes coming!
I am a pretty practical person or I like to think so at least but with two rambunctious children aged 2 and  1 I can't always keep my house as tidy as I would like. The other day I found my youngest coming from the kitchen to the lounge on all fours, leaving a biscuit crumb trail behind him - lovely. So it's times like this that I picked the Dyson Animal Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for to give a quick tidy vacuum without having to go to the effort that comes with the big vacuum.

Then we get to the big electrical things which will very soon need replacing. Our current washing machine puts holes in my clothes, no joke. Yesterday my mum asked me about the holes so they must be obvious and I dread the next item of clothing its going to devour, besides the fact that its hugely embarrasing! So a new washing machine would be most welcome along with a tumble dryer.

I know my boys are only little but the other day I wondered (not that they would let us in our rented house) about how expensive it would be to keep a cow in our garden, a milk cow. We get through pints and pints of milk each week. I was thinking a milk cow would not only be great for milk, we could supply all the neighbours too, and my boys would have so much fun learning to milk as well. Or not, perhaps we should just get a bigger fridge to accomodate our milk drinking habits, plus a new fridge freezer would also come with the ice dispenser I have been missing since we moved back to the UK. Plus think of all the extra washing up we would have to do to sterilize the milking equipment we would be in more need of a dishwasher than we already are.

It wouldn't be a wishlist without a few indulgences and so it seemed only right to think of a few so I started with this Elga Three Head Street Lamp and I imagined how pretty it would look in our back garden. I loved Narnia as a child and this not only reminded me of that, but I thought how magical to transform our garden into a Narnia theme with this as the centrepiece! I might have to come up with a better reason than that to convince my husband but I can work on that.

A little bit of Narnia in my garden please!
My final thought on my wishlist is toys as both of my boys love Lego Duplo, I also love it too. I can't think of anything better than a quiet afternoon building castles, tower blocks, garages and playing games or telling stories with what we have made. I love the Duplo read & build books as they look fun and are a bit different as they come with a story book about what you have made - which is perfect for little minds and hands. Cars 2 Duplo is very popular in our house too and I couldn't help myself but add in the Duplo Big Bentley set as my son will be 3 in May and he would love it. It is nice to have the special Duplo pieces to go with the normal blocks, and I really do love it as its so versatile and inspires so much imagination.

I had great fun putting my Wishlist Pinterest board together and I hope you have enjoyed looking at it too. There are other pins on it that I haven't mentioned above which are worth looking at too like the Philips - Advent Dinner Set for my youngest who needs some dinnerware of his own, a Qualcast Lawnmower as we don't have our own and keep borrowing our friends. Some cufflinks as a treat for my husband who is obsessed with French cuff shirts, some GHD's to look sleek and smooth. A Red Magazine subscription for those quieter moments, Laithwaites wine very self explanatory (and needed at the end of a long day), a kids play market stall, a sewing machine for crafting. Our printer didn't make the move back and our Macbook has seen much better days. Finally we could do with some gaming entertainment and my husband assures me the system to have is an Xbox.

What would you put on your million point wishlist?

I have entered PIN FOR POINTS from confused.com

No comments:

Post a Comment